Friday, October 16, 2009

...people say I'm too full of myself...I am

I wandered. I loved it.


But then I love this more…I love knowing that I wont be going to office tomorrow the day after or

ever again. I love planning all the books I shall be buying from college street this week….I’m thrilled

to recall the incessant “didi, ki boita?” and the crafted resolution on my face when I say “ eta 45-er

beshi hotei parena ”



I love knowing, another week and I shall be a full time student again…the corner of the 2nd last

bench…room no.23…in the pinks of Presidency College, where I belong. Like the prodigal son I’ll be

going back “home” ..attend seminars on Pinter, sleep through Renaissance thought…desperately

wait for A.C.M Ma’am to start Beloved…go to sleep with the pile of books on my bed…get a monthly metro ticket…

wash my sneakers...dust my backpack…re-adjust my sleep timings to the normal day-n-night

schedule…plan to finish answers on my way back from college…and then sleep the evening

through…and wake up next morning without an inkling of remorse or guilt…keep calling D every

now and then…go back to our normal break-up-patch-up-within-3days routine…check out girls

together at sadan...hold hands at sundown…and still check out other girls….nightfall…and home…

and the clock…. goes round the clock


I’m going back to all that…I’m going back to the life I wanted a break from…I’m going back to the life that is essentially mine…I’m going back to poetry, books, music and D….I’m going back to Me.

2 comments:

Ritayan said...

welcome back...and to be honest if i may say so myself sometimes its good to be back....love this post of urs somewhere it strikes a chord...

ketamine said...

...never gone...never far... aint it?